Appointing City SWGRC Council

GEORGIA CODE O.C.G.A. 50-8-34.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [103.1 KB]
Council Appointments in SWGRC Bylaws referencing Georgia Law
Council Appointments Georgia Law.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [191.2 KB]
  • The appointee MUST be an elected city official.


  • The appointee will be appointed by only the cities in the county.


  • The appointee must live in that county.


  • The appointee is usually one of the mayors.  If none of the mayors choose to serve on our council another elected city official can be appointed from one of the cities within the county.  Usually it is a city council person.


  • There is ONE city appointment that is shared by and agreed upon by all of the cities in the  county.  All cities must agree and send individual appointment letters on their city letterhead signed by their mayor.



For your convenience I have listed your current appointees on our council under your county listed in the tab to the left.  Also you can contact one another by clicking on eachother's email links.  If you want to contact all of the clerks in your councy there is a button towards the center of those pages.  Click it and their email addresses will flow onto your email page.


What do you do first?


First you decide if you are going to put the appointments on your December agenda or January agenda.


What do you do next?


Next you fill the form out on the main page of this section and let me know which city council meeting agenda the appointments will be on.


What do you do next? 


First you ask eachother if your mayors wish to re-appoint the current appointees for this next year.  If they do then send a group email out to the others or use the message board on the county page to the left to communicate this.  You can also call eachother, there are phone numbers listed as well.


What do you do next?


If you want to keep your current appointees one of you needs to call them to see if they still want to be considered to be on our council for next year.  If they say yes then it is easy, you simply bring it up to your council during your meeting and if they agree.  If they say no or if you have a vacancy the cities must find at do you do next?someone to fill the empty spot, communicate with the other city clerks, and bring that appointee up in your council meeting.


What is last?


Last you will put your successful appointee's name, mailing address, phone number and email in an appointment letter, on the city letterhead and have your mayor sign it.  Then you will fax it to 229-522-3558 or scan and email it to     Then you email the original to The Southwest Georgia Regional Commission, P.O. Box 346, Camilla, Georgia 31730.


You are done! 








Please enter the code
* Required fields
There are no entries yet.
Click Here for Title VI Information
Print | Sitemap
© 2012 Southwest Georgia Regional Commission All Rights Reserved